10 Best Vacuum Cleaners For Home | Read Review Before Buying
Vacuum cleaner for home is one of the essential appliances, and you should become a little bit wise to during selection. There are plenty of brands and models of vacuum cleaner are available in the market but choosing the best one for your home means thinking about more. You should consider the floor’s surface materials, how much time you have for cleaning, and how your home is laid out. If you want to buy a vacuum for your house to clean for the first time or replace your old vacuum with a new one, then this article will guide you to find the best vacuum cleaner to meet your all requirements.
- 1 10 Best Vacuum Cleaner for Home
- 1.1 1. Best Overall Vacuum: Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean
- 1.2 2. Best For Carpet & Hard Floor: Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional
- 1.3 3. Best Cordless Vacuum: Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Best Robot Vacuum: iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Powerful Upright Vacuum: Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
- 1.6 6. Best Handheld Vacuum: BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
- 1.7 7. Best Canister Vacuum: Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Best Pet Hair Vacuum: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Super Lightweight Vacuum: ORFELD Cordless Vacuum
- 1.10 10. Convenient Stick and Handheld Vac: EUREKA RapidClean Pro Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 Things to consider before buying a vacuum cleaner
- 3 Uses of vacuum cleaner
- 4 Advantages of vacuum cleaner
10 Best Vacuum Cleaner for Home
You should determine the best vacuum for the home, depending on what type of cleaning you want to do. If you have wall to wall carpets and lots of rugs, then pick upright with a large bag, and if you have lots of stairs, then you should go for canisters for better maneuvers. The stick vacuum and handheld vacuums are suitable for the lighter task. Well, this article contains some of the best vacuum cleaner suitable for any type of cleaning work of your house.
Our 10 Best
- Best Overall Vacuum: Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean
- Best For Carpet & Hard Floor: Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional
- Best Cordless Vacuum: Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum
- Best Robot Vacuum: iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
- Powerful Upright Vacuum: Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
- Best Handheld Vacuum: BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
- Best Canister Vacuum: Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Pet Hair Vacuum: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Super Lightweight Vacuum: ORFELD Cordless Vacuum
- Convenient Stick and Handheld Vac: EUREKA RapidClean Pro Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
1. Best Overall Vacuum: Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean
If your requirement is the best overall vacuum for performing all cleaning tasks of your house, then the Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean is the best one. The product dimension is 11.2 x 12.2 x 46 inches, and the weight is 17.1 pounds. The vacuum needs 100-120 volts. The package includes a 12″ Crevice Tool, Upholstery Tool, Pet Power Brush.
The Shark APEX is equipped with Shark DouClean technology to provide you the ultimate cleaning experience. This vacuum can successfully grab large particles and pull piles to give your floor a beautiful, polished look. It can successfully remove long and short hair. The floor nozzle and the LED lights on the handle allow you to clean the darken space under the furniture and hidden corners. Dual brush rolls combine to take on large, small, and stuck-on particles on both carpets and floors. It can successfully allow you to do the overall cleaning work of your house.
- Good for cleaning both floor and carpet
- Large dust cup
- Advanced anti-allergen complete seal technology with HEPA filter
- Extra-long power cord
- A little bit pricy
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional vacuum is best for carpet and hard floors. The product dimension is 14.96 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches, and the weight is 13.7 pounds. The vacuum needs 120 volts. The dust cup capacity is 2.2 quarts.
Shark Navigator Lift-away is another wonderful Shark product, which provides amazing cleaning performance for both carpet and hard floors. It is a quite lightweight and easy portable vacuum. The Lift-away technology, along with the push of a button, the vacuum allow you to lift the canister and clean in the hard to reach areas easily. The vacuum is equipped with a HEPA filter and a completely sealed system to trap dust and allergens. The brush roll Shutoff button lets you quickly switch between carpet and bare floor cleaner, so; now it is very easy to remove even fine particles from the carpet and hard floor.
- Powerful suction
- Lightweight maneuverability and portable
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology
- HEPA filter included
- 2 quarts dust cup capacity
- 30 feet’s long power cord
- The cord twist and tangle quickly
3. Best Cordless Vacuum: Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum
As managing the vacuum’s long cord sometimes becomes very annoying, many people love to use a cordless vacuum. The Dyson V11 Vacuum is such a product that comes with the cordless feature. The product dimension is 49.65 x 9.84 x 10.28 inches, and the weight is 6.68 pounds. The vacuum needs 1 Lithium Polymer battery for running. The package includes a combination tool, crevice tool, mini motorized tool, stiff bristle brush, and wand storage clip.
V11 Animal is Dyson’s most powerful cordless vacuum. The suction power is twice of any cordless vacuum. The long run time and intelligently optimize suction help you to deep clean everywhere. It offers three different cleaning mode: Eco, Auto, and Boost and the LED display help you to switch to any of them easily. The DLS system automatically changes the motor speed between hard floors to carpets. With up to 60 minutes of run time, you can easily clean your large space.
- Intelligent cleaning modes
- Unique battery power system
- ‘Point and shoot’ hygienic bin
- Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) system
- Three different cleaning mode
- Amazing battery service
- No LED light to clean darken space
4. Best Robot Vacuum: iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
If you want to clean smarter and looking for the best robot vacuum, then the iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum can be your ideal choice. The product dimension is 13.4 x 13.4 x 3.54 inches, and the weight is 6.77 pounds. The vacuum needs 1 Lithium Polymer battery for running. The package includes an owner’s guide, 1 home base charging station, 1 North American line cord, a documentation package, 1 Roomba 675 Robot vacuum with Wi-Fi connectivity.
It is time to clean smarter with Roomba 675. You just have to schedule it to clean daily using your voice assistant or the iRobot HOME app to clean your floors effortlessly. The vacuum is equipped with a dual multi-surface brush and a three-stage cleaning system to effectively remove dirt from carpets and hard floors.
- Effectively clean up daily dirt, dust, & debris with the app or voice assistant
- Senses & eliminates dirt
- The smart and effortless cleaning system
- Can clean effectively under the furniture, corners, and edges
- Its performance is not outstanding for cleaning carpet
Many people prefer upright vacuums for deep cleaning. The Shark Navigator is an amazing and powerful upright vacuum, which is great for deep cleaning your house. The product dimension is 15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches, and the weight is 12.5 pounds. The package includes a Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum, Dusting Brush, 5.5 Inch Crevice Tool, and 24 Inch Crevice Tool.
The Shark Navigator is a lightweight 2-in-1 Lift-away upright vacuum features with a detachable canister for easy portable cleaning. The amazing Lift-away technology comes with a push of a button, let you lift the canister away and clean any hard to reach areas easily. The swivel steering provides excellent control and maneuverability around furniture. The HEPA filter amazingly traps dust, small particles, and allergenic. Overall, the Shark Navigator is a powerful and one of the best upright vacuum in the market.
- A powerful upright vacuum
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology with HEPA filter
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Portable and versatile
- Swivel steering for excellent control
- Only 15 feet long power cord
6. Best Handheld Vacuum: BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
A handheld vacuum is popular for its maneuverability and easy to handle features. Usually, they are compact in size and good for multi-tasking. Let us introduce to you one of the best handheld vacuum, the BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum. The vacuum needs 1 Lithium-Ion battery for running. The product dimension is 17.25 x 5.5 x 7.75 inches, and the weight is 2.6 pounds. The package includes a vacuum, filter, user guide.
The BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum is great for any quick pick up. The strong suction power will definitely amaze you. The vacuum has a translucent bagless dirt bowl where dirt is easily visible and also easy to empty.
The smart charge technology able to protect the vacuum from overcharging by automatically shutting off. It is lightweight, and the compact size allows you to conveniently store. Vacuum’s rotating slim nozzle great for various applications.
- Ready holds the charge for 18 months
- Smart Charge Technology
- Long life with strong suction power
- Lightweight and easy to control
- Translucent bagless dirt bowl easy to empty
- The battery is not replaceable
7. Best Canister Vacuum: Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Canister vacuums are better than another vacuum for cleaning bare floors, under furniture, stairs and their attachments are handy for cleaning upholstery and drapes. Here we pick the best canister vacuum; Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner. The product dimension is 18.2 x 11 x 8.7 inches, and the weight is 10 pounds. The package includes an SBD 285-3 Pure Suction Combination Floorhead, Upholstery Tool, Dusting Brush, AirClean Filter, Crevice Tool, and Miele Original AirClean FilterBag Type GN.
The Classic C1 comes with a high-suction power for thorough cleaning. About 30 feet long power supply cord offers you an effortless cleaning of a large space. The vacuum is specially designed for ergonomic, comfortable handling with an ergonomic carrying handle, a stainless steel telescopic suction wand, and caster wheels. You are allowed to switch among the 6 different suction power settings to clean surface, upholstery, flooring, and more.
- High suction power for thorough cleaning
- Good for both hard floor and low-pile carpet
- Long electrical cord
- 7-year manufacturer warranty
- 6 different suction power settings
- A little bit expensive
8. Best Pet Hair Vacuum: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
People who have a pet especially look for a vacuum that can effectively remove pet hair. Among the plenty of alternatives, BISSELL pet hair eraser’s performance is outstanding; thus, it is considered the best pet hair vacuum. The product dimension is 13 x 15.75 x 44.5 inches, and the weight is 19.31 pounds. The package includes LED Crevice Tool, Pet Turbo Eraser Tool, and 2-in-1 Pet Dusting Brush.
Bissell is a popular brand for manufacturing the best vacuums and BISSELL pet hair eraser turbo one of them. The vacuum comes with a powerful pickup packed into an agile machine for convenient and easy everyday cleanup. It has a quick-release extension wand that always stays ready to deal with tricky and hard-to-reach pet hair around the home. The vacuum is also featured with the tangle-free brush roll, smart seal allergen system with febrile, and one-touch, easy to empty dirt tank.
- Lightweight & Agile Design
- SmartSeal Allergen System
- Exclusive tools provide a customizable clean for pet hair
- Quick Release Extension Wand
- Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator Filter
- Like other upright vacuums, it sometimes starts making noise after a few uses.
9. Super Lightweight Vacuum: ORFELD Cordless Vacuum
Many users complain to us that they are not comfortable with their vacuums as they are heavyweight though these vacuums have a strong suction ability. Thus, lightweight is an important factor to consider for buying a vacuum. Let us introduce to you one super lightweight vacuum, the ORFELD Cordless Vacuum. The vacuum needs 1 Lithium-Ion battery for running. The product dimension is 42.99 x 9.65 x 10.94 inches, and the weight is only 4.36 pounds. The package includes one ORFELD Vacuum Cleaner, one LED Electric Brush, one Combination Nozzle, one Storage and Charging Station, one Warranty Card, one User Manual.
As the ORFELD cordless vacuum is extremely lightweight, it is a good choice who have back problem. Don’t you go to the cute, small body size; it comes with big energy to provide you a wall-to-wall cleaning. The vacuum’s brushless motor can provide up to 18,000 Pa of suction power to effectively eliminate dirt, pet hair, debris, and tough messes.
- Extremely lightweight vacuum
- Flexible LED electric brush
- T10 seal allergen system
- Uninterrupted 50mins runtime
- 18,000 Pa of suction power
- Suction is not so powerful
10. Convenient Stick and Handheld Vac: EUREKA RapidClean Pro Lightweight Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Home cleaning requires both a stick and a handheld vacuum. If we can enjoy two benefits in one vacuum, then the task of cleaning becomes easier. The EUREKA RapidClean Pro is such kind of convenient stick and handheld vacuum. The vacuum needs 1 Lithium-Ion battery for running. The product dimension is 9.8 x 6.3 x 43.3 inches, and the weight is 5.26 pounds.
The EUREKA RapidClean Pro vacuum is powered by the latest motor technology, making your cleaning rapid and convenient. It offers 40 minutes of long-lasting runtime, which is quite enough for each cleaning session. The speed button is placed on the handle for easily switching to the maximum power to increase suction for better cleaning the carpet and rug. The vacuum’s dust cup is placed on the front side to lay the vacuum flat and reach all low height furniture like bed, cabinets, etc.
- Easy attachment option
- Long-Lasting Lithium-Ion Battery
- Easy to Maneuver and control
- The convenient, easy rest feature
- Easy to clean under the low height furniture and hard to reach areas
- No actual charge indicator, a light only shows half charge and full charge
Things to consider before buying a vacuum cleaner
There are some essential things to consider whenever you are going to buy a vacuum cleaner for home. These important factors will guide you to pick the best product that suits you the most. Let’s see the factors:
The most obvious consideration is the flooring types to buy a vacuum. It can be a hard floor, carpeting, or a combination of both. Upright vacuums are good if you have a carpeting floor. On the other hand, canister style vacuum is better for hardwood and tile floor with a few rugs.
Types of power
What types of power you should look for depending on the size of the area you want to clean. You do not need to buy a full-size vacuum for a small space, but a full-size canister vacuum or upright vacuum is a better option for a larger space.
If you or any of your family member has asthma, allergies, or any other respiratory issues, then you should need to know if the vacuum control allergens or not. In this condition, vacuums with the HEPA filter will be a good choice for you. If you have a pet, then you also look for a vacuum that can control allergens.
Bagged or bagless
If you do not have any allergy issues, then the bagless vacuum is good for you, as it will save both money and effort. But if you do not compromise a little with hygiene issues, then you should go for a bagged vacuum.
Frequent use of vacuum
The frequency of using a vacuum is also an important matter. If it is difficult to access your vacuum, then it may be annoying to do it regularly. So, find an easily accessible vacuum for frequent use.
Stairs of your house
Every vacuum is not perfect for cleaning stairs. If your vacuum is heavy enough, then it will be tough to carry it up and down. To clean more stairs, you should also need to find a vacuum with a long cord.
These are the crucial factors to consider before buying the best vacuum. In addition, there are also some non-major factors to consider the runtime of the vacuum, a system of cleaning dust cup, size of the dust cup, LED light for cleaning darker space, etc.
Uses of vacuum cleaner
Apart from the cleaning, a vacuum cleaner for the home can do many more things for you. Such as:
- Grab excess pet hair: Normally, a vacuum cleaner is used to remove pet hair from the floor and carpet, but you can also use it on the pet’s bedding to remove excess pet hair. Even it is also usable on quilt and bedspreads to remove excess hair.
- Pest control: Studies show that frequent vacuum use can kill 96% of fleas at home. The crevice tool and vacuum hose are great to capture spider nets and mosquitoes.
- Good for another cleaning: Vacuum cleaner is not only a floor or carpet cleaner; it is also useful to clean the dust from upholstery, sofas, and pillows.
- Trap dust to spread around: If your vacuum is equipped with a dusting brush attachment, then you can easily trap dust on blinds, light fixtures, books, lampshades, and even plant leave before you start cleaning floors and carpets.
- Find out small objects: Can’t find out the dropped screw? Let it do the vacuum for you. Yes, it is a great way to recover any dropped small objects like earrings, nails, etc.
- Clean kitchen appliances: You can also take help from the vacuum in kitchen work. How? It can remove dust from refrigerator condenser and coil and many more things.
A vacuum also plays an indirect role in reducing indoor allergens and prevent small fires.
Advantages of vacuum cleaner
There is some special advantage of using a vacuum cleaner for home. Many of us feel boring to do household chores, but it is extremely important for our health.
- Ensure general hygiene: A vacuum cleaner ensures general household hygiene. From your carpet to furniture, anything can trap dust, dirt, pollen, and so many things that can cause serious health issues.
- Increase your body movement: Vacuuming is itself a good exercise for you. If you can do it regularly, and overall body movement will help you to stay physically fit.
- Improve air quality: Fresh air is extremely important for our health, especially for those who have asthma or allergies. Regular vacuuming can improve your indoor air quality and reduce health risks.
- Save your vital time: Vacuum can reduce your cleaning time effectively. If you are a working woman or a busy scheduled person, vacuuming can be time-saving rather than cleaning the house manually.
Read next: Cleaning schedule for working moms
Question 1: Is there any best month for buying a vacuum?
Answer: Yes, it April or May (It is spring cleaning sale season).
Question 2: Should I vacuum every day?
Answer: Try to vacuum your room every day and carpets at least once a week.
Question 3: Is it mandatory to dust before the vacuum?
Answer: No, but the cleaning result will be better if you can do it.
Find out the best vacuum cleaner for home is not such a difficult job if you have a clear idea of your needs. We hope this content will help you to choose the best one which suits you the most. So, pick your appropriate product and make household cleaning work easy and enjoyable. Stay clean, safe, and healthy. All the best.