As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you have a pet? Then you may need the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair. Pets are adorable but pet hair? Lying pet hair everywhere is as annoying as it is unhealthy. The vacuums specially made for removing pet hair come with hardworking filters, super-strength suction, and dust-taking tools. As a result, they can successfully clean up pet hair from each corner of your house.
Like another regular vacuum, you should also find a lightweight vacuum for your back’s health. In addition, the vacuum should have other regular features like upright, cordless, hand-held or cylinder, etc. for comfortable use and the best cleaning. For your convenience, we have found some vacuum cleaners which are the best for removing pet hair as well as dust. Keep scrolling to see our list and make your choice easily.
- 1 Our recommended 10 best vacuum cleaners for pet hair
- 1.1 1. Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ801UKT]
- 1.2 2. Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV681UKT]
- 1.3 3. Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner [IZ251UKT]
- 1.5 5. Vax Mach Air Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV601UKT]
- 1.7 7. BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
- 1.8 8. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C, Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Hetty HET160 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum
- 1.10 10. Miele 10660820 Complete C3 Cat and Dog PowerLine Bagged Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 Things to Consider When Buying a Pet Vacuum Cleaner
- 3 Some important features of a vacuum are:
- 4 Tips for Vacuuming Pet Hair
- 5 Cleaning Pet Hair From Your Vacuum
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Our recommended 10 best vacuum cleaners for pet hair
A wide range of vacuum cleaners are available in the market, and now it is quite tough to find out the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair among this vast number. We have done here a little to reduce your stress, 10 wonderful vacuums we have found which can provide outstanding performance in removing pet hair along with dust. Now read the bellow reviews and pick the vacuum best suits you.
1. Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ801UKT]
If your requirement is the best vacuum for removing pet hair from your house, then the Shark Upright Vacuum cleaner is the best one. The product dimension is 30 x 26 x 117 cm, and the weight is 10.06 Kilograms. The vacuum needs 100-120 volts. The package includes 3 attachments, LED headlights, and a 5-year manufacturer warranty.
The Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner comes with an amazing anti-hair wrap technology to make your carpet and floor free from pet hair easily. Vacuum’s DuoClean double brush-roll design is ideal for smoothly running on carpet to the hard floor. The soft brush-roll actively pulls debris and sucks dust from the hard floor and the bristle brush-roll is good for deep cleaning the carpets.
It is a portable vacuum, and you can easily clean stairs, surfaces, and under the furniture. The vacuum is effective in removing both soft hair and long hair.
- Amazing anti-hair wrap technology
- Effective on removing both short hair and long hair
- LED headlight for clean darker space
- Versatile cleaning style
- Anti-allergen design
- Quite heavy
- When used as an upright then the height is not adjustable
2. Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV681UKT]
Shark is a trendy brand for manufacturing vacuums and Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV681UKT] such a product that’s like a specialist in removing pet hair. The product dimension is 30 x 24 x 118 cm, and the weight is 6.3 Kilograms. The vacuum needs 220 Volts for running. The package includes 1 Main Unit, 1 Pet Power Brush, 1 Duster Crevice Tool, 1 Upholstery Tool, 8m Flex, Quick Start Guide, and an Instruction Booklet.
Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV681UKT] is featured with the Shark-powered lift-away. That means you can detach the pod, but the brush in the head will continue to rotate, so it will be very easy to reach under the trickiest furniture for cleaning. It is quite easy to unload the dust container, and you do not need to touch the dirt at all. This actual pet model vacuum comes with the pet power brush to tough hair from upholstering and sofas also.
- Versatile cleaning style
- Easily convertible from upright to portable
- Comparatively lightweight than others Shark vacuums
- Anti-allergen complete seal
- Easy to use
- Not truly great for hard floor
3. Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 is an amazing production of Dyson. Dyson is a renowned brand of vacuum cleaners, and their attraction is Big Ball Animal 2. The product dimension is 10 x 10 x 10 cm, and the weight is 7.46 Kilograms. The vacuum comes in a unique shape and design and has the outstanding performance to remove pet hair from your house.
Passing several quality tests, this vacuum successfully earns a high score and has been able to create a reliable position for itself. It performs well on the hard floor as well as the carpet. And undoubtedly more effective in removing pet hair.
With a unique shape and design, you will also enjoy the vacuum’s manoeuvrability. Keeping control of the vacuum is really very easy and you will love the suction power and the washable filter.
- Effective on removing pet hair
- Unique shape and design
- Comes with a washable filter
- Perform well on both hard floor and the carpet
- It may be a little bit tough to reach corners
4. Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner [IZ251UKT]
The Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner offers an unbelievable long run time. Yes, it can run up to 80 minutes at a time. The product dimension is 26 x 24.5 x 118 cm, and the weight is 8.18 Kilograms. The vacuum needs 2 Lithium-ion batteries for running.
The vacuum is designed for homes with pets and also performs outstandingly in removing pet hair from everywhere. You must enjoy the cleaning freedom with this cordless twin-battery vacuum. It offers an amazing run time of 80 minutes; so you can clean your entire house in one session.
The removable batteries can be charged from any plug socket and both batteries are charged in the dual charging cradle at the same time. The vacuum smoothly runs on both hard floors and carpets. It has two motorised brush-rolls to clean hard floors and carpets at the same time and no need to change the floorhead.
- Anti Hair Wrap Technology
- Up to 80 minutes of run-time
- Flexology bends to clean under furniture
- DuoClean glides across all floors and carpets
- 5-year guarantee
- The price is a little bit high
5. Vax Mach Air Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Vax Mach Air multi-cyclonic, powerful vacuum comes with strong suction power. It is an upright vacuum cleaner that comes with a light structure. The product dimension is 31 x 30.5 x 110 cm, and the weight is 4.9 Kilograms. The vacuum needs 100-120 volts. The package includes 1 Vax Mach Air Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 1 2 in 1 dusting brush/crevice tool, and 1 User Guide.
This super powerful vacuum cleaner has been rated already “A” for its energy. It is great for hardwood cleaning and carpet pick-up and provides effortless cleaning for all floor types. The Vax Mach Air is extremely lightweight, weighing only 4.9 kilograms. So, now you can easily carry it up and downstairs. The 2-in-1 tool performs as both a crevice and dusting tool and is great for eliminating dust and other particles from all the surfaces.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to carry
- Super cyclonic, strong suction power
- Easy to use
- 2 in 1 dusting brush/crevice tool
- Not so good for heavy-duty deep cleaning work
6. Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV601UKT]
If you have pets and need to get rid of pet hair from around your home, then the Shark Lift-away Upright Vacuum cleaner may be the best choice. The product dimension is 34 x 31 x 117 cm, and the weight is 6.2 Kilograms. The package includes 1 Main Unit, 1 Pet Power Brush, 1 Duster Crevice Tool, 1 Upholstery Tool, 8m Flex, Quick Start Guide, and Instruction Booklet.
Among the hundreds of brands, only Shark offers you the lift-away technology. The term ‘lift-away’ means the ability to convert your vacuum from the traditional upright to a portable vacuum instantly. Shark Lift-away Upright Vacuum cleaner is a lightweight gadget and comes with multiple tools and accessories so that it can provide you with a satisfactory cleaning result. The anti-allergen Complete Seal can successfully capture 99.9% of dust and allergens into the gadget and make your room air fresh.
- Upright to portable cleaning freedom
- Anti-allergen Complete Seal
- Versatile cleaning experience
- Easy to use
- As the body is attached to the head, it may be difficult to store the gadget in a small space
7. BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
Many people prefer a handheld vacuum rather than a traditional one for its superb manoeuvrability. The BISSELL is such a type of handheld vacuum that can amazingly remove pet hair from each corner of the house and inside of the car. The product dimension is 11.43 x 40.64 x 12.7 cm, and the weight is 1.95 Kilograms. The vacuum needs 14 Volts for running.
The BISSELL Pet Eraser comes with motorized brush tools that can amazingly remove pet hair as well as dust from any surface. The Lithium-Ion batteries ensure the power supply so that they can run for a long time. The attached cup for holding dust is quite large, and easy to clean. It can hold up to o.7 litres of pet hair, dust, and debris.
- Extremely lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Three different sizes of pet hair remover tools
- Easy to handle
- Compacted size and easy to store anywhere
- One large dust holder
- Few attachments cannot buy separately
8. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C, Robot Vacuum Cleaner
At present, no one has time even for cleaning their house. But house cleaning is mandatory also. The EufyBoostIQ Robot Vac 30C is an amazing gadget that can help you clean your house without your effort. The product dimension is 11.2 x 12.2 x 46 inches, and the weight is 17.1 pounds. The package includes RoboVac 30C, remote control with batteries, 13.2 feet Boundary Strips, an AC power adapter, a charging base cleaning tool, an extra set of high-performance filters, 5 cable ties, and 4 side brushes, a welcome guide, and a 12-month warranty.
Now, to clean your house, you need the Eufy Home app, Google Assistant voice control services, and Amazon Alexa. Without any effort, your house will be dust-free, germ-free, and even pet hair-free. Just set a boundary strip, and the robotic vacuum cleaner will clean the area with 1500Pa suction power. If it needs extra vacuuming strength, it can increase its suction power automatically within 1.5 seconds. The device can run up to 100 minutes constantly.
- The smart and effortless cleaning system
- Effectively clean up pet hair and dust with the app or voice assistant
- The super long, up to 100 minutes run time
- Noiseless automatic cleaning service
- Three-point cleaning system
- Not suitable for cleaning the dark-coloured floor and high pile carpets
9. Hetty HET160 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum
Henrys and Hetty’s is another popular brand that is producing a vacuum for a long time, and they feel your needs very well. That is why they create Hetty Het160 bagged vacuum which can provide you with all-rounder performance. The product dimension is 32.5 x 32.5 x 7.25 cm, and the weight is 2.7 Kilograms. The package includes Hetty, 2 NVM 1CH bags, AS0 Kit Contains Crevice Tool, 2 SS Extension Tube, SS Tube Bend with NPC Volume Control, Double Taper Hose Adapter, Soft Dusting Brush, Upholstery Nozzle, Slide on Brush for Upholstery Nozzle, Combination Floor Tool, and 2.2m Conical Hose.
Plenty of features of the vacuum make cleaning very easy. The high-performance combi floor tool allows you to switch easily between hard floors tor carpets. Besides, the professional toolkit contains a crevice tool, a soft dusting brush, and an upholstery nozzle for doing every cleaning job. This versatile cleaner lets you clean the hard floors, carpets, stairs, cars, and many more.
- Versatile cleaning
- High performance for cleaning the hard floor, carpets, stairs, and more
- Capacity is 5 times bigger than another bagless vacuum
- No need to touch the dust for emptying the bag
- Lack of fancy features like modern vacuums
10. Miele 10660820 Complete C3 Cat and Dog PowerLine Bagged Vacuum Cleaner
Miele vacuum cleaner is famous in house cleaning products, and its performance is also reliable. The product dimension is 59.5 x 38 x 32 cm, and the weight is 7.26 Kilograms. The package includes 1 appliance, 1 suction hose, 1 suction tube, 1 operating manual, 1 universal floor head, and 1 Turbo brush.
Miele 10660820 is a cylinder vacuum cleaner that comes with maximum suction power and foot control for convenient and thorough cleaning of the house. It can effectively remove pet hair and dust from carpets to the hard floor. It is equipped with an all-round bumper that is made of soft synthetic materials. This can protect your furniture and other appliances from any accidental collision and scratching.
- Effectively can remove pet hair and lint from carpet and upholstery
- Super durable cleaner allows use 10 times a week
- Easily adjustable telescopic tube
- Powerful suction
- A little bit heavy
Read next: Best vacuum cleaner for home
Things to Consider When Buying a Pet Vacuum Cleaner
Though for many people, pets are the perfect friend or family member but having pet hair stuck on cloth, carpet, surfaces, or floors can be a big pain. Luckily among plenty of variety, you can pick some of the best vacuum cleaners to get rid of annoying pet hair. If it is the first time you will buy a vacuum, then there are some important things to consider when buying a pet vacuum cleaner.
1. Flooring types of your home
Flooring types are an essential factor to consider before buying a pet vacuum cleaner. What types of vacuum you should buy will depend on the types of flooring and layout. For hardwood or tiles floor, you need to find a vacuum model specially designed for hardwood floors and also offers great suction.
If most of the floor of your house is covered with carpets and rugs, then you may need a vacuum that should have a great suction with a rotating brush so that it can easily pull out the hair from the carpet.
2. The layout of your house
Though many people do not emphasize this important factor, it is also quite important. If your house layout includes stairs, then you should find a lightweight vacuum. Many vacuum models come with some extra attachments for cleaning, especially the staircases. A cordless vacuum is more suitable for cleaning stairs.
Pet hair blew away easily and stuck under the furniture. Select a vacuum that has appropriate attachments to reach under the furniture and remove fur easily.
3. Types of pet
You also need to consider the types of pets seriously before buying a pet vacuum. There are numerous varieties of cats and dogs; some shed more than others while some have long hair. Even a few categories consider non-allergenic. So, the type of pet is an important factor to consider while selecting an appropriate vacuum to remove pet hair effectively.
4. Types of vacuum cleaner
As there are numerous brands and models of vacuum cleaners in the market, it can be overwhelming for you to select one to buy. This is quite a common problem for anyone while investing in a pet vacuum. So, to find the best vacuum for pet hair, first, you have to decide which type of vacuum will work best for your home. The types of vacuum are:
- Upright vacuum cleaners
- Canister vacuum cleaners
- Robot vacuum cleaners
- Handheld vacuum cleaners
- Stick vacuum cleaners
You can make your choice from any of the above-listed vacuums that best suit your home’s structure and flooring, and layout.
5. Features of the vacuum
Though the manufacturer offers plenty of eye-catching features for the vacuum, all of these features are not essential for you. You need to consider which features are useful and important to you. For example, if you find pet hair often on the stairs or furniture, you need to buy a model that comes with appropriate accessories to clean pet fur effectively. Some specific features can vary from brand to brand, and some features are common in all models. So match your needs with the brand, model, and budget and make your decision.
Some important features of a vacuum are:
- Bag or bagless: At present, many vacuum models are bagless. The major advantage of a bagless vacuum is you never need to run out of the bag, and no need to expense buying a new one. At the same time, a vacuum with a bag is good for those who have allergic issues. Well, it depends on your personal preference.
- HEPA filters: HEPA filters are specially designed to trap 99.97% of particles up to 0.3 microns or larger. If any of your family members are prone to allergies, a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filters will undoubtedly be a good choice.
- Cord or cordless: Cord is another important feature you need to look for. A cordless vacuum is easy to handle, but the running time for each use is important to check. On the other hand, a corded vacuum you can use for a long time per cleaning, but you have to look for a long cord so you can move with it easily.
- Brush agitator: Brush agitator attachment is another popular accessory nowadays. It can effectively pull the dirt out from the carpet and also loosen up and pull out pet fur that may hide in your carpet.
If you can select the right vacuum cleaner, then you can easily get rid of pet hair that is simply floating around your home. An appropriate vacuum can provide you with huge cleanliness, fewer allergic reactions, a tidy appearance of your home, and increase the love you feel for your pets.
Tips for Vacuuming Pet Hair
As a pet owner, you must be familiar with the pet hair problem. It is quite unhealthy also if your vacuum can not remove fur completely. Don’t worry at all; here are some clever and smart tips for dealing with this common and annoying problem.
- Identify the spot where pet hair stuck
Pet hair easily blew away and stuck on the corners of the room, furniture, or stair. If you can find out where exactly fur is stored it will be easy to clean.
- Use of dryer sheets
A dryer sheet is very helpful for picking up pet hair quickly. You can use them for removing fur from your cloth, furniture, floor corners, and any other places of the house.
- Keep furniture covers
It is any simple easy way to prevent your furniture from being dirty with fur. Use some protective covers like blankets or slipcovers. These are really good protectors for furniture surfaces.
- Use of roll of tape
A roll of tape is also a good item for picking pet hair from everywhere. The sticky side of the tape can effectively pick pet hair from cloth and furniture.
- Necessary tools for removing pet hair
You should take support from some necessary tools to remove pet hair. Appropriate tools will reduce your effort for cleaning fur. The necessary tools are:
- Stair attachments
- Rectangle and crevice attachment
- Brush attachments
- Scrubbing attachment, etc.
- Dampen and sweep carpets
To get a better result, you should dampen and sweep carpets before vacuuming. A rubber broom is great for sweeping a carpet to remove loose hair. Do not sprinkle much water when dampening the carpet; otherwise, fur will be more difficult to remove.
- Use a dampened mop for the floor
If you have a hardwood or vinyl floor, then you can try a damp mop to remove fur. Slightly sprinkle water on the mop and rub it on the floor to stick hair on it.
- Use of dampening sponge and rubber gloves
Pet hair can also be stuck on upholstered furniture and bring a dirty look to them. A dampened sponge or a rubber glove can help you to remove fur from them easily.
- Deal with bedding
Wash your pet bedding regularly to avoid building hair stuck. If you use a washing machine to clean pet bedding, then check carefully inside the drum for any hair stuck. Before your next laundry load, rinse the drum and clean the hair.
- Use of window squeegee
Window squeegee is traditionally used for windows, but it is also very effective in pulling off fur from the carpets. Normally rub the squeegee over the carpet repeatedly to remove hair.
Cleaning Pet Hair From Your Vacuum
Removing pet hair from the vacuum is another annoying problem. After using the vacuum, many hairs stick to the vacuum brush. You need to clean this excess hair from the vacuum brush before the next use. Even your vacuum can become a source of bad smells if you do not throw away the vacuum bag at the right time.
To prevent the growing bad smell in the bag, you can add one tablespoon of baking soda into the new bag. It will control and minimize odour until you change with a new one.
After a certain period, you need clean vacuum hoses, filters, and brushes to ensure that your tools are now completely hair-free. This routine cleaning will prevent your vacuum from clogging and overheating during the next use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are pet vacuums have any other advantages?
Yes. Most pet vacuums come with various attractive features. They are also good for cleaning dust, debris, and even small particles.
Do I need a filter for a pet vacuum?
It is not mandatory, but a good filter like a HEPA filter helps to make fresh your room air which is good if you have asthma or an allergy problem.
Is a robot vacuum works on removing pet hair effectively?
Yes. A good brand and feature-rich robot vacuum work are really good at removing pet hair.
Can a vacuum remove pet hair from a high pile carpet?
Yes, a vacuum with strong suction power can successfully remove pet hair from a high pile carpet.
We hope, the above listed best vacuum cleaner for pet hair may meet your requirements, and you can easily make your choice from this list. All of these vacuums are of supreme quality and provide high performance in removing pet hair as well as dust and debris. So, pick the product that most suits your needs and make your house pet hair-free. Make your house healthy and clean. All the best.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.