How To Keep Bathroom Floor Dry After Shower | 13 Useful Ways
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nobody likes a wet bathroom floor. But if you have just showered, it might take a while to dry up. However, if you want to speed up the drying process, there are some things that you can do.
So, how to keep the bathroom floor dry after a shower? Here are the most effective ways that you can rely on!
- Sufficient ventilation
- Using water absorbing mat
- Laying down older towels
- Using shower enclosure
- Installing water-resistant tile
- Bathroom slippers
- Installing a dehumidifier or an extractor fan
- Isolating the shower
That’s not all; we have gathered the broad idea to make it simple. Let’s move into more details on making the whole thing easier for you!
- 1 13 Ways On How To Keep Bathroom Floor Dry After Shower
- 1.1 1. Enough ventilation
- 1.2 2. Vacuuming
- 1.3 3. Water absorbing mat
- 1.4 4. Laying down older towels or absorbent cloths
- 1.5 5. Mopping the floor up
- 1.6 6. Using shower enclosure
- 1.7 7. Installing water-resistant tile
- 1.8 8. Bathroom slippers
- 1.9 9. Keeping the windows open
- 1.10 10. Installing a dehumidifier
- 1.11 11. Buying an extractor fan
- 1.12 12. Isolate the shower
- 1.13 13. Dry yourself well before coming out
- 2 Why Is It Important To Keep Your Bathroom Floor Dry?
- 3 Best Flooring Options To Keep The Bathroom Dry
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
13 Ways On How To Keep Bathroom Floor Dry After Shower
Grossed by the soaked bathroom floor? Well, worry no more! Here are the lifesaving ways to save you from this situation. Let’s see how to keep the floor dry like a desert!
1. Enough ventilation
Adequate ventilation in the bathroom area can dry off the bathroom quite quickly after it gets wet. As the bathroom doesn’t get flooded with shower water, it only gets a little amount of water that comes due to the shower water, and the ventilation will be enough to dry it all off within a short time.
If the water amount is not that serious, vacuuming after showering can get you the right dry bathroom floor that you want. You can keep a vacuum in the bathroom so whenever you use the shower, you can vacuum the floor right after it.
3. Water absorbing mat
Laying a water-absorbing mat in the bathroom can soak up all the water that the shower pours on the floor. And then you can rest knowing you won’t have to do anything after your perfect relaxing shower! You can walk freely after a shower without worrying about the bathroom floor getting drenched.
4. Laying down older towels or absorbent cloths
Most of the time, the bathroom floor gets wet because of the extra water we carry after the shower. The water drops fall on the bathroom floor, making it wet while we are on our way out of the bathroom.
If you want to avoid it, you can place 3-4 absorbent clothes or towels in front of the shower door so that while you are out, you can stand on that for a while. The towel will absorb the water drops that fall from your body, keeping the bathroom floor safe from the water.
5. Mopping the floor up
A spin mop can never go wrong in the shower. If you want a simple solution, you can simply keep a spin mop inside the bathroom. So whenever you are done using the shower, you can wipe the bathroom floor using the spin mop. It is not troublesome at all!
6. Using shower enclosure
There are different shower enclosures available in various designs. You can pick one that goes with the interior design, and it will insulate the shower. Therefore, your bathroom floor will be safe from any kind of water spillage.
7. Installing water-resistant tile
If you install water-resistant tile, no water can get your bathroom floor wet. The tiles have moisture-resistant and anti-skid features that keep the floor protected from water. So even if you walk around the floor after the shower, the bathroom floor will remain dry.
8. Bathroom slippers
Usually, most of the water that we see on the bathroom floor after taking a shower is from our wet feet. So you can avoid the spillage if you wear bathroom slippers. Once you try this hack, you will definitely see a drastic change.
9. Keeping the windows open
As said above, enough ventilation can deal with the spillages even when you don’t do anything. So if your bathroom has windows, make sure to open them after taking a shower. The outside air will dry up the floor within the least possible time.
10. Installing a dehumidifier
If you don’t have a budget issue, spending the money on a dehumidifier is always a good idea when you want to keep the floor dry. The dehumidifier does an amazing job by pulling the moisture out of the bathroom and keeping it dry.
However, getting a dehumidifier might not be a good suggestion if you have small accommodation inside the bathroom. In that case, our next suggestion will be perfect for you!
11. Buying an extractor fan
A great alternative to the dehumidifier is an extractor fan. It is small in size and can be installed on the walls. You can turn it on when you shower, so it will keep everything dry, including the bathroom walls. We think it is an excellent investment to keep the hassle of mopping the floor aside.
12. Isolate the shower
This is a simple yet super effective solution. You can use long shower curtains that are water repellent to prevent any water from coming out of the shower. Make sure that you know the exact measurement of the shower entrance so you can buy the curtains in the correct size. If you think about the materials, polyester is an excellent water-repellent shower curtain material that lasts for a long time.
13. Dry yourself well before coming out
As we already mentioned, most of the water spillage comes from the leftover water from your body that you carry after the shower. So, if you dry yourself well with a towel and use a bathroom slipper, the concern of getting the bathroom floor wet will get lessened.
Why Is It Important To Keep Your Bathroom Floor Dry?
The first problem you will face if you don’t keep the floor dry is that it will get slippery. So if you have kids at home, there are serious dangers. There are some other reasons as well. Such as:
- Wet bathrooms can create an awful damp smell and get dirty more often.
- The water can set in the corners, causing stains that are pretty hard to remove. Especially if you have tile installed, it will create a permanent stain on the tiles.
- Wet areas are the fuel for bacteria and microorganism growth. Therefore these can cause serious health hazards.
- A wet bathroom is not appealing if you want to keep everything fresh and clean.
Best Flooring Options To Keep The Bathroom Dry
There are a few fantastic flooring options that you can try if you want to keep the bathroom floor dry. Here are the classic choices:
1. Engineered Hardwood Bathroom Flooring
Natural hardwood is not the best option if you want the floor water-free. But if you still like the feel of hardwood, the engineered hardwood is the best alternative. It can handle more water damage, keeping the floor dry.
- Better dealing with the moisture
- Can hold up the humidity
- Looks very cool for modern houses
- Excellent for use in your family bathroom
2. Vinyl Bathroom Flooring
If you are into vintage interior designs, vinyl will be the perfect choice to lean on while you need the dry bathroom floor. It has exceptional water resistance, so you won’t have to make much effort to keep the floor dry.
- Comes is various options that you can choose from
- You can pick any type of vinyl that matches your floor construction
- There are different patterns to match the bathroom walls
- It doesn’t get dirty or affected by stains easily
3. Ceramic Tile
Another classic water-repellent flooring idea is to use ceramic tile. It looks luxurious and serves to keep the floor dry very well. So you can get the classic designs and advantages at the same time.
- It doesn’t get stained that easily
- Easy to clean up
- Very water-resistant, so no worries of water damage
- Looks very luxurious and classic
4. Porcelain Tile Bathroom Flooring
Although the water absorbency of porcelain tile is more petite than ceramic tile, you can still switch to it if you want the look. Porcelain tiles are the best option if you are into subtle designs.
- It is waterproof to an extent but not entirely water-absorbent
- Doesn’t let the water sit on the floor
- The best option for modern bathrooms with the good looks
- Requires low maintenance, saving you a lot of time
5. Concrete Flooring
Concrete flooring is a fantastic option considering the low cost, maintenance, and water absorbency. You will get the best water-absorbent flooring if you use concrete. Also, it gives an industrial look to the classic bathroom design.
- The setup and pricing are very cost-effective
- Concrete is an eco-friendly material
- The flooring is very strong and durable at the same time
- Less prone to damage, more water-absorbency
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Are My Bathroom Tiles Always Wet?
The wet tiles can be caused by humidity during cold weather. The droplets of water from the air set on the floor, making it wet. Also, if you are just out of the shower, you may spill water all over the floor, causing it to get wet. Anyway, you can install an extractor fan to get rid of the wet surface.
How Do I Keep My Tile Floor From Sweating?
Bathroom tile floor sweating can keep the bathroom floor wet, making it look gross. So you can improve the ventilation inside the bathroom to avoid it. You can also install a dehumidifier or extractor fan to induce the drying process. Therefore, if there are any leaks in the tiles, try to get those fixed as soon as possible.
What Happens If Water Gets Under Tile Floor?
If somehow the water gets under the tile floor, it can possibly cause mold and mildew growth. Also, you can face an irritating gross damn smell coming out of there. So it’s better to handle the issue as soon as you can.
Completion Of The Talk
Now you know how to keep the bathroom floor dry after a shower. We have shared many tricks so you can save yourself from the issue. Therefore, you can easily follow our tips to keep the bathroom floor dry even after taking a shower.
Moreover, the tile options and floorings that we suggested are of great use if you try them. They can lessen the hassle to a great extent. Try and let us know about the outcome!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.