How to Remove Mold from Bathroom Tiles Naturally
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever tried to remove mold from bathroom tiles using natural cleaners? No? Well, cleaning mold from bathroom tiles, grout, or a wet wall is never an easy task. How much effort you have to give in your cleaning work does not depend on the size of the room; it depends only on the density of the mold. As a result, people often neglect to clean their bathroom, which paving the way to a build-up of nasty mold.
If you found a build-up mold in your bathroom, you should take action immediately. You need not hire any professional; you can do it by yourself using some very common ingredients. This content is a quick guide on how to remove mold from bathroom tiles naturally.
8 Natural ways to remove mold from bathroom tiles
There is plenty of ways to remove mold from the bathroom, some are natural, and some are chemical. Both are effective and easy to clean mold from bathroom tiles, black mold in shower, or from other surfaces. We know that mold is a living organism, so it is important to kill it thoroughly to prevent future returns. In this case, get rid of only visible mold is not the final solution.
1. Use of Vinegar
Vinegar is a very common kitchen ingredient and completely safe in the use for house cleaning purposes. Just remember one thing, you have to use only mild white vinegar to clean mold from bathroom tiles.
- Take an empty spray bottle and pour some vinegar into it.
- Spray the vinegar directly on the affected area.
- Ventilate your bathroom and let the vinegar sit for a single hour.
- Rinse the area or the tiles with warm water.
- To prevent re-growth of the mold, dry the surface with a towel.
Recommended post: How to get rid of black mold from a house
2. Use of Baking Soda
A handful of baking soda can help you to remove mold and other various types of household problems. It is a non-toxic product and completely safe for you and even your pet. It is super easy to use this element. Baking soda will not only kill the mold, but it can absorb the excess moisture also to reduce growing mold. The drying properties of baking soda effectively can prevent forming mold in the future.
- Take a quarter tablespoon of baking soda and a certain amount of water and pour them into an empty spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle until the baking soda dissolves completely.
- Spray the mixture directly on the moldy tiles and walls.
- Take a son-scratch brush or sponge scrub gently to remove the mold off.
- Rinse the bathroom floor tiles and wall with water.
- Spray the mixture once again on the surface and let it dry on the spot to prevent re-from mold.
3. Use of Bleach
The combination of bleach and baking soda is one of the best and quickest methods for cleaning mold from tiles, grout, and wall. Do not forget to wear gloves.
- Pour one part of bleach and two parts of water into an empty spray bottle.
- Shake until they mix well and spray on the affected area.
- Let the solution dry.
- Spray one more time and scrub the floor and wall with a sponge or soft brush.
- Rinse the area and repeat the process until the mold is removed completely.
4. Use of Borax
Borax is also a familiar house cleaning product, and you will get it from your local market easily. It is also very beneficial for cleaning mold from bathroom tiles.
- Take a bucket and add one mug full of borax and 4 liters of warm water.
- Mix them well to make a cleaning solution.
- Apply the solution to the affected area with a cleaning pad or a brush.
- Wipe up the solution and let it dry naturally.
5. Use of Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is an amazing natural essential oil and does not contain any harmful elements for you and your pet. It is also a great alternative to natural and chemical mold-fighting agents. Moreover, it is quite effective to get rid of the mold.
- Find the tea tree oil that specifically contains Melaleuca Altemifolia in its ingredient list. That is an authentic product for cleaning.
- Pour one tablespoon of oil and one cup of water into a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the mold affected area and start scrubbing.
- You can make this mixture into a bowl and dip the scrubbing into it and scrub.
6. Use of Ammonia
You should be more careful when using ammonia. The most important caution is, never mix bleach with ammonia. Both can create a chemical reaction and produce dangerous fumes that are quite harmful to your health.
- At first, ventilate the room before you start your cleaning work.
- Take ammonia into an empty spray bottle.
- Apply this cleaning agent on the mold affected areas.
- Use a soft brush to scrub and let it sit for two hours.
- Once the ammonia dries completely, wipe away nicely.
7. Use of Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is available in the market in various degrees of strength. It will be best to use a mild 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to remove black mold from the bathroom tiles. This cleaning agent is obtainable at any high street supermarkets and most DIY supplies.
The effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide can be reduced in direct contact with light so try to decant it into a dark spray bottle. To make a strong and effective cleaning agent, you can add a little amount of vinegar with hydrogen peroxide.
- Ventilate the room before you start your cleaning work.
- Apply the mixture directly to the mold affected areas.
- Leave the solution for 2 to 3 hours.
- Wipe the surface to clean mold.
8. Humidity control
It is one of the best, most comfortable, and effective ways to prevent growing mold in the bathroom floor and wall. Keep bathroom humidity below 50%, and there will be no chance to grow mold further because excess humidity is one of the leading causes of growing mold in the bathroom ceiling and other surfaces.
- Turn on the ventilation fan of the bathroom during bathing or taking a shower to keep air moisture low.
- Keep open the window to ventilate enough air.
- Use a dehumidifier or turn on the air conditioner to control the humidity. These will help you to keep the air fresh and dry the surface.
Whether you want to remove mold from bathroom tiles, shower walls, or grout, these natural remedies are really very useful. Mold sometimes appears as a sign of concealed problems in the bathroom walls. Maybe there is pipe leakage or a burst with the wall. So, there is no chance to ignore the mold problem at all. Examine first the reason for growing mold. If it is only for humidity, then any of the above-listed methods is enough to get rid of. But if the reason behind growing mold is a pipe leak or something else, then try to fix it as soon as possible.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.