How to Clean Glass Shower Doors | Get a Sparkle Look
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glass shower doors are the modern elegance of a bathroom. It increases the beauty of a bathroom. But, grimes, mineral deposits, etc., can build up quickly on the glass surface if you don’t clean it properly. It would help if you cleaned the glass door once you notice it is looking streaky or foggy.
You will find hundreds of ways for cleaning a glass shower door. But glass is a sensitive item, and it can get damaged easily. Most people don’t have proper knowledge of how to clean glass shower doors.
As a result, grimes and mineral deposits quickly grow up on their glass door. That’s why you should follow the best way to clean it without leaving any residue or damage on the surface.
1. How to Clean Glass Shower Doors with Vinegar and Dawn
The solution of vinegar and dawn is much more effective in cleaning a glass shower door. The dawn can easily break down the grease and grime from the door. It is best from other dishwashing soaps for removing oils. Vinegar can remove the residue and increase shine.
We will look into 2 different methods of cleaning glass shower doors with vinegar and dawn. In method # 1, we will be using vinegar and dawn (non-concentrated). In method # 2, we will use a solution of vinegar and blue dawn (concentrated version).
Method 01: Vinegar and Dawn (non-concentrated)
First, we will need to prepare the solution following the below steps.
Solution Preparation Steps
- Step 1: Take a glass container and pour the white vinegar (1 cup) and dawn (3/4 cup) into it.
- Step 2: Put the glass container into the microwave and keep it for one minute.
- Step 3: Leave the solution to cool.
- Step 4: Take a spray bottle and pour the solution into it.
Once your solution is ready, it’s time to use this for cleaning. Let’s start cleaning the door.
Glass Shower Door Cleaning Process with Vinegar& Dawn
- Step 1: Spray the solution on the dry shower door. Never spray it on the wet door. Because it dilutes the mixture, moreover, the solution is much more effective in cleaning dry doors rather than wet doors.
- Step 2: Once you have sprayed the solution on the door, leave it for a minimum of 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3: Now, take a wet washcloth and wipe the shower doors. You can let the washcloth get wet when you are taking a shower.
- Step 4: Rinse the door using warm water. Start rinsing from the top of the door and keep going until you see the door is crystal clear.
- Step 5: Take a squeegee and wipe down the shower doors. If you don’t use a squeegee, your door will remain clean but not crystal clear.
Method 02: Vinegar and Blue Dawn (concentrated version)
We will directly look into the cleaning steps in this method.
- Step 1: Mix vinegar (1 cup) and blue dawn (1/4 cup) to make a solution.
- Step 2: Take the solution into a spray bottle and spray it on the doors.
- Step 3: Leave the door for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Scrub and then start rinsing.
2. How to Clean Glass Shower Doors with Vinegar
Vinegar is a natural cleaner. You can clean the glass shower door conveniently using vinegar. It removes residue from the glass shower door surface. Before cleaning your door using vinegar, you should prepare a mixture.
For this purpose, you will need:
- Distilled White Vinegar- 1 cup (Pre-heated)
- grease-cutting detergent
Now let’s see how to clean a glass shower door using vinegar step by step:
- Step 1: Mix the ingredients in equal proportions.
- Step 2: Pour it into a spray bottle.
- Step 3: Start spraying on both sides of your door
- Step 4: After spraying the solution, leave it for 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Take fresh water and rinse the solution using that. Use a damp sponge to rinse.
- Step 6: Take a microfiber cloth and dry the glass using this.
This solution works perfectly in most glass shower doors. But you should be careful if the shower is made using stone because vinegar can damage it badly. You can use liquid soap and baking soda to avoid this problem.
3. How to Clean Glass Shower Doors with Dryer Sheets
Almost everyone knows that dryer sheets can keep clothes soft and smell great. But a few people understand that these could be used to clean glass shower doors. Using dryer sheets for cleaning the glass shower doors is very much effective. You can use this without any doubt.
Dryer sheets work well for removing any stubborn soap scum from the shower doors and the shower enclosure. Even it can easily remove any caked soap scum from the surface.
Let’s know how to clean the glass shower door using dryer sheets.
- Step 1: Moisten the dryer sheet into warm water.
- Step 2: Start rubbing the sheet on the dry glass surface.
At this step, you will notice that soap scum is peeling off. Keep rubbing on the door until all the soap scum gets loosened and comes away.
Dryer sheets come with some chemicals. When you rub the sheet on the glass surface, these chemicals make the soap scum and other smudges soften. Finally, they loosen, and it becomes easier to remove them from the surface, leaving zero residues or any damage on the glass shower door.
Once the cleaning process is done, take some lemon oil and a sponge. Pour the oil into the sponge, then start wiping the surface of the glass door. It will make your glass and metal shiny.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I clean my shower glass in the best way?
Take white vinegar into a spray bottle. Spray it thoroughly on the glass surface. Let it soak for a minimum of 10 minutes. Now scrub the glass with a scrub sponge and baking soda into it.
What Is the Process of Making Shower Glass Doors Crystal Clear?
Take white vinegar, salt, and baking soda to do this. First, spray the vinegar on your glass door. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Now, take baking soda and salt equally to make a mixture. Put the mixture into a damp sponge and rub the glass. Then rinse it.
How do Hotels Keep Their Glass Shower Doors Clean?
Make a mixture of white vinegar and warm distilled water in the proportion of 1:3. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle then spray it on the glass surface. Wait for a few minutes then rinse the mixture using warm water.
As we mentioned earlier, glass doors increase the beauty of a bathroom, but they can get dirty quickly.
Unfortunately, many people don’t have any knowledge of how to clean glass shower doors properly. Cleaning glass shower doors is not an easy task, and we have discussed the best possible cleaning ways in this article. These will help you remove all residue and allow the glass to look shiny without causing any damage.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
[…] Read next: How to clean glass shower doors […]