How to Get Candy Out of Carpet | Complete Solution
We love candy in general, but to get candy out of the carpet is no straightforward job. Yes, candy may taste sweet in your mouth, but it has more of a bitter impression when it comes to carpet. The first thing we can think about candy and gum is, they’re sticky. If you have children in your house or even if you love candy yourself, there’s a chance that your carpet may have some of that sugar. At some point, you’ll spill or the children will toss candies while eating. This will eventually stick to the carpet and leave stains if not treated immediately.
Fortunately, there are easy techniques to remove candy from your carpet and keep it fresh. Whether it’s candy, gum, sticky candy, or hard candy; our guide below will help you get rid of them all.
How to Get Candy Out of Carpet with 3 Easy Steps
To get candy out of the carpet, the first thing you need to consider is acting immediately. Because of its adhesive nature, cleaning off candies from carpets gets harder with time. So, this method works best when the gum hasn’t been stuck for long.
You will need:
- White vinegar
- Clean cloths
- Plastic bag
Step 1: First, scrape off excess candy from the carpet. Then take a couple of ice cubes in a ziplock plastic bag and place the bag over the spilled area of the carpet. This way, you will freeze the gum without wetting the place.
Step 2: Once the gum is frozen and hard, take a butter knife or a scraper to sweep it off. Remember to scrape gently and carefully so you don’t damage the carpet fiber. If the candy is stubborn and doesn’t come off easily, rub the ice bag over the place and try again.
Step 3: Once the candy is out of the carpet, you need to take care of the residue or possible stains. Damp a clean cloth with white vinegar. Yes, household cleaning with vinegar is such useful and powerful that we can’t seem to resist it. Take the damp cloth and blot the affected area on the carpet. It will essentially remove any remaining gum and stains, leaving you successful in carpet cleaning.
Afterward, just use a damp clean cloth to blot the area and clean vinegar residues. For a satisfactory finishing, use a good carpet cleaning vacuum and air dry the area as well.
How to Get Sticky Candy Out of Carpet
In order to remove sticky candy out of the carpet, an easy solution is to use peanut butter. Peanut butter is great for dealing with sticky objects in many cases.
- Simply apply some peanut butter on the sticky gum of your carpet. Let it sit for a few minutes. Peanut butter has oil in it that will help dissolve the sticky thing.
- Once the candy is dissolved, scrape the place and wipe with a clean cloth.
- Some of the oil may be left behind on the carpet. Just damp a piece of cloth with vinegar and blot the place carefully. There, your carpet is free of sticky candy and stuff.
How to Get Hard Candy Out of Carpet
If the spilled candy is given much time, it will become hard and more difficult to remove.
- First, put some ice in a plastic bag and place the bag on the candy affected area of the carpet. The ice will help break through some of the hard candy. Give it some time.
- Scrape with a butter knife or a spoon to remove loosened gum from the carpet. Do it carefully.
- Use a citrus-based or ammonia-based solution for the next part. You can also use rubbing alcohol in this case. Damp a cloth with the solution and apply gently on the surface. The leftover candy should be coming out.
- Afterward, blot with a cloth to clean the carpet. Use clean areas of the cloth while doing it, so you don’t reapply any of the gum or its stains. If there are any stubborn candy stains, use a vinegar-soaked cloth to clean the place.
- Rinse with plain water and blot with a fresh cloth. Let the carpet air dry completely.
Recommended post: How to get slime out of carpet
How to Get Gummy Candy Out of Carpet
Removing gummy candy out of the carpet is quite similar to removing hard candy.
- Put some ice cubes into a plastic bag and place the bag on the gummy candy affected area. It will harden the gum and make it easier to remove.
- Scrape carefully and remove excess gum. Then use soap water with sponges to clean the area. Apply gradually and cover the whole gum affected surface.
- Finally, blot with fresh cloth and let it dry. Repeat the process if necessary.
How to Get Melted Candy Out of Carpet
As always, the first thing to do is freeze the candy.
- After you freeze the area with ice and harden the melted candy, use a blunt knife to scrape off.
- Create a simple solution with dish soap and water. Soak a cloth with the solution and apply it over the carpet surface. Leave it wet for 10-15 minutes.
- Then blot the place using a dry piece of cloth. If any kind of stain remains, use a vinegar-soaked cloth to wipe the area. Once the cleaning is finished, let the carpet air dry.
You can also read: How to get nail polish out of carpet
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Question 1: How do I get sugar out of the carpet?
Answer: Take off excess sugar and blot the area with a soapy water-soaked cloth. Give it a few minutes, then wipe the solution gently with a clean cloth.
Question 2: How do you get sticky stuff out of the carpet?
Answer: Freeze the stuff with the help of ice. Harden stuffs like candy or gum, and scrape gently with a butter knife.
Removing candy out of carpet can be a tricky job if you don’t know the perfect ways. Follow our guidelines to clean the carpet at home yourself and enjoy all the candy you want!