Why Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution Not Spraying Water on Floor
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We use carpets on the floor to make our house more beautiful. Additionally, the carpet protects the floor from different damage and dust. While ensuring its responsibility, the carpet catches too much dust, and cleaning this is a pain in the neck. To make the cleaning task easier, you can take assistance from a carpet cleaner.
Bissell Proheat carpet cleaner is one of the most reliable carpet cleaners. Unfortunately, 5% – 7% of people face problems with it and look for the solution to why my Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution not spraying water on the floor.
- 1 Troubleshooting of Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution Not Spraying Water on Floor Problem
- 2 What is the After Cleaning Care of Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Troubleshooting of Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution Not Spraying Water on Floor Problem
At home, it is possible to troubleshoot the Bissell carpet cleaner. If your Bissell Proheat carpet cleaner is not spraying water, you can try to find the cause and fix it. Let’s discuss how you can fix it at home step by step.
Step 1: Tank Reinserting
Sometimes, the water tank gets misplaced and the cleaner stops working. You must assemble the tank properly so that the water can enter the machine. In case your carpet cleaner stopped spraying water, remove and reinsert the tank. Be sure to fit it perfectly. There is a siphon tube in the tank. Inspect whether it’s working properly. Sometimes it gets flattened and the cleaner stops spraying water.
Step 2: Nozzles Cleaning
The most common reason for this problem is stuck fiber or hair inside nozzles. Make sure the carpet cleaner is lying flat on the ground. Then examine its bottom part. There might be hair or fibers clogging the nozzles. If there are any, clear those firmly. Don’t use much force if it feels hard to clear those.
Step 3: Taking out the Nozzles
Push the cover downwards. It will take out the nozzles. After that, remove the spray tips by simply pulling them.
Step 4: Washing the Spray Tips with Water
We have already cleaned the nozzles but the smaller debris could still be there. To clean those, get some hot water and soak the spray tips in it.
You should Leave the spray tips there for at least 10 minutes. This will rid the nozzle of tiny dust and debris. Dry the nozzle with a towel after that. Reassemble the carpet cleaner after that. Return the cover to its original position. Before removing the spray tips, take pictures of the assembled unit. It will help you figure out how to put those back together.
Step 5: Turning the Carpet Cleaner ON
Fill the clean water tank up to the top. Repeat the procedure in the dirty water tank. Then, start the machine. Test the spray by keeping your thumb on it for a minute. It should start working by now.
If your Bissell ProHeat 2x is still malfunctioning, the problem could be mechanical. In that case, use the advice given below.
- The pump belt may have broken. Switch the carpet cleaner off by unplugging it.
- Check for breakage in the belt slot with a flat-head screwdriver. The belt can be seen wrapped around the motor shaft. If it’s still malfunctioning, you need to search for spare parts and replace them.
- After carpet washing, remove all hair and fibers as soon as possible. It will eventually clog the cleaner.
What is the After Cleaning Care of Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution?
After you’ve finished cleaning, you should flush your Bissell ProHeat 2x carpet cleaner.
- Fill your machine with warm tap water and then empty it to clean it.
- Refill the tank with warm water. Reinsert the tank into the machine by firmly twisting the cap back on.
- Turn on the machine and keep the trigger down for 15 seconds. At the same time move the machine back and forth on the carpet. Finally, suck the water up by releasing the trigger.
- Before storing the cleaner, make sure the dirty water tank is empty. For cleaning it, remove the dirty tank. Clean out your dirty water tank by emptying and rinsing it.
- After cleaning the tank, find the float stack and remove it. Use water to clean and dry it in the air. Reinsert it into the tank.
- Place the machine on its backside. Then, remove the nozzle. Use a brush to clean all dirt and debris off it. This will keep your carpet cleaner in a clean state and ready to use in the future.
- Make sure the cleaner is unplugged and switched off.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where Do You Put The Cleaning Solution In A Bissell Proheat 2X?
There is a separate tank at the backside of a Bissell ProHeat 2x carpet cleaner. You can put your cleaning solution in it. To be fully sure you should look through the instruction manual before putting the cleaning solution into it. Also, do not use solutions that are not suggested by the manufacturer.
How Do You Reset A Bissell Carpet Cleaner?
There is a reset button on the bottom of the carpet cleaner. In case the cleaner gets clogged while you are using it, you can use this reset button to immediately turn off the machine. It can avoid any kind of damage to the machine.
Why Won’t My Bissell Proheat 2x Spray Water?
This issue is caused by a variety of factors. One of them is a clog in the water tank. You need to inspect the water tank, the nozzles, and the spray tips first. Remove all the hair and carpet fiber you can find. Later, clean those with hot warm water. It should remove clogging. Always clean the machine after using it to prevent clogging.
Why Is the Carpet Cleaner Not Picking Up Water?
Sometimes the carpet cleaner won’t pick up water if the water tank gets misplaced. Pull it up from the machine and reinstall it again. If this method doesn’t work, reassemble the tank properly. Now, turn the carpet cleaner on and test it. Reset it a few times if it’s still malfunctioning. If all the method fails, contact customer care for further repair.
Bissell Carpet cleaners are easy to handle and they function very well. But every machine is bound to malfunction someday. If your Bissell ProHeat 2x carpet cleaner stops spraying water, you may search for Why My Bissell Proheat 2x Revolution Not Spraying Water on Floor on the internet to fix it at home. Normally, this problem is very easy to fix. But if the machine still doesn’t work, never hesitate to call a professional to fix it for you. If you still have any warranty left on the product, contact customer care and they will fix it for free.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.